We will add additional updates as we receive new information and resources
Jan 18th, 2019
Jan 16, 2019
Jan 15, 2019
DTA has posted a Q&A on the early issuance of SNAP benefits on the state website. Here is the link.
Jan 14, 2019
The message below is copy and pasted from an email that was sent to DTA Advisory Boards and others:
- Because of special circumstances, SNAP benefits for February are being sent early.
- The vast majority of SNAP clients will get their February benefits between January 17th – 20th.
- SNAP rules and eligibility have not changed.
- We urge people to spend carefully to ensure that SNAP benefits last throughout February.
- We do not know about March SNAP benefits at this time due to the federal government shutdown. We will share updates as soon as we have them.
- For a future updates, please visit: http://www.mass.gov/DTA.
- DTA staff will be focusing on processing cases this week in order to ensure that clients receive their February SNAP benefits early. This will indeed have an effect on our wait times associated with the DTA Assistance Line.
- Please encourage clients to utilize the DTA Connect mobile app or the self-service options available of the DTA Assistance Line whenever possible.
- Instructions on how to navigate DTA Connect can be found by accessing the following link: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/take-action-on-your-snap-case
Please feel free to share. (That is from them and from HFF)