Homes for Families is excited to announce Visioning Day 2015!
But wait- there’s more!
In efforts to ensure that all families have the opportunity to raise their voice to end family homelessness, Jane Banks, of the Center for Human Development, has put forth a challenge to all shelter providers in Massachusetts! Read her email below for details:
Visioning Day is just around the corner!
As some of you already know, I have a healthy competitive spirit and love a good challenge.
Last year the western region rented two buses to ensure we had as many families that wanted to attend Visioning Day be able to attend. Three of the four providers had families and staff ride together on the buses.
IT WAS FANTASTIC!
This year I would like to set the bar much higher and challenge all regions to rent 1 bus or 10 buses (or a small van) and BRING THE FAMILIES to the table!
It really isn’t that expensive and I’m pretty sure with all the talented leadership out there, you can figure out how to plan, pay, and motivate the families to participate and, of course get your staff on the buses as well!
We would hate to out perform you all again this year so… Pony up folks… Game on. Let’s see if we can pack the room with families on Visioning Day!!
It would be fabulous for providers from across the entire state to come together with the families we serve as a united force…motel families too!
No pressure! No excuses!!! We can do this!!!! We are of course, the EA Providers!
As always, Jane makes a great point (with a smile!). EA providers prove every day that they can overcome incredible feats and odds to support support families overcoming homelessness–and this is one more way to support them. We encourage you to coordinate transportation for staff and families. Homes for Families relies on the voices at Visioning Day to guide our efforts, so it is critical that those voices are represented and heard.
To encourage this friendly competition, we created a map with the (5) distinct regions you will be competing with and against.
Feel free to:
- Contact us with any questions or confusion regarding the contest regions and rules
- Take a refresher course on Visioning Day by reading this blog post and last year’s report
- Work together to make a plan on how to show regional solidarity at the event
- Go back up to Jane’s email and click the Pony Up link. If you have ever clicked on one of our links, you’ll know it is worth it!
- Consider partnering with us in sponsoring the day. We will be reaching out to individual organizations with opportunities for sponsorship, but feel free to check out and share our Go Fund Me page!
Be on the lookout for more information, we will share the details of the day and the registration page soon!
Thanks for all you do to support families across MA, and for all you do to support HFF!