Reminder email from our friends at Rosie’s Place. Homes for Families is proud to join in the march in solidarity with homeless families and for better solutions to homelessness. -LH
Tomorrow is the March for Homeless Families—we really hope that you can join us!
As many of you see at your organization every day, DHCD’s new regulations are putting families in impossible, and often unsafe, situations. It is time that we make our collective voices heard and speak out against these dangerous and irresponsible regulations!
Let’s march together in solidarity with homeless families!
Wednesday December 12th from 12:00 – 12:45 PM
Meet at the gates of the State House and we will march to DHCD at 100 Cambridge St.
Here are some quick things you can do today to help make the event a success:
- Bring your friends and coworkers with you! We promise it will only be 45 minutes (a little activism during your lunch break J )
- Forward this email to your networks, or share the Facebook event (the flyer is attached) https://www.facebook.com/events/313471078758257/
- Make a sign! There will be signs and stickers at the event, but please feel free to bring your own. You can access some powerful images about the new regulations here: https://www.box.com/s/5rfor6cioxv715hcg8ge
- Tweet and tweetpic at the event, using hashtag #March4homelessfamilies. If you will be at the march in person, or in spirit, we want you tweeting about it. Here are a few sample tweets:
- @MA_DHCD’s EA-Shelter regs warrant a 51A #march4homelessfamilies #mapoli
- @MA_DHCD, How homeless do we have to be? #march4homelessfamilies #mapoli
We hope to see you 12/12/12 at 12:00 at the gates for the State house.
As always, if you have any questions, please be in touch:
Anne Sheldon –email@example.com, 617-318-0244
Katy Erker – firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-318-0223
“I have this hope. I have this rage. I have this dream that somehow we are going to make it together, you and I; that we will transform society – that we will turn it around – that we will struggle to stay in the struggle.” –Kip Tiernan
Katy & Anne